This post was originally published on the Tourism New Brunswick website.
So you’re ready to hit the beach? We get it, we are too. But we also know how hard it can be to pick a spot with so many destinations to choose from. With that in mind, allow us to introduce you to your new favourite beach paradise: the Sand & Sun Trail on New Brunswick’s Acadian Coast — 530 kilometres of sandy, unspoiled, uncrowded coastline.
It’s pristine, it’s beloved by beachgoers in-the-know, and it’s got the warmest saltwater beaches in Canada. Need we say more?
One of the best parts about holidaying along this stretch of coast are all the accommodations that are right on (or close to) the beach. As in, your backyard is sand instead of grass. You’ll find a roundup below of places to stay that check all the right boxes. Book soon so all you need to think about is that endless blue horizon...
Northeast Acadian Coast
(Bathurst, Acadian Peninsula, and surrounding areas)
Brimming with freshly caught seafood, lively events, and plenty of renowned Acadian joie de vivre, you’ll find that the beaches here are just the beginning.
- Cottages L’Acadien By the Sea, Petit-Rocher
- Les Chalets de la Plage, Bas-Caraquet
- Patty’s Beach Chalets, Janeville
- Camping la Vague, Miscou Island
- Colibri Sur Mer, Caraquet
Inns & Bed and Breakfasts:
- Auberge de la Baie, Caraquet
- L’étoile du Havre Bed & Breakfast, Bathurst
- Hotel Paulin, Caraquet
- Havre de la Dune B&B, Maisonnette
- Toutes Saisons Bed & Breakfast, Pointe-Verte
(Kouchibouguac National Park and surrounding areas)
Come here to experience summer at its finest. From sand dunes and cycling to canoeing and camping, this pristine part of the coast is bursting with shoreside activity.
- Les Chalets du Havre, Richibucto
- Chalets Cap-Lumière, Richibucto
- Kouchibouguac Resort, Saint-Louis-de-Kent
- À la Lueur du Cap, Richibucto
- Bouctouche Bay Camping, Bouctouche
- Camping de la Dune Ltée, Val-Comeau
- Escuminac Beach and Family Park Campground, Escuminac
- Kouchibouguac National Park
Southeast Acadian Coast
(Shediac and surrounding areas)
Cracking open a juicy lobster is just the beginning of your stay in these popular seaside towns. You’ll also find the two Acadian Coast provincial parks in this area.
- Bay Vista Lodge & Cottages, Shediac
- Chalets de L’Aboiteau, Cap-Pelé
- Vacation Village Chalets, Pointe-du-Chêne
Inns and Bed & Breakfasts:
- Maison Tait House, Shediac
- Hotel Shediac, Shediac
- Little Shemogue Inn, Shemogue
- Gabrièle Inn, Shediac
- Le Griffon B&B, Shediac