Getting to Canada by air is simple. Most large Canadian centres have direct flights from major UK airports.
- 675,000 people flew from the UK to Canada in 2015
- 71% of those flights were direct flights (nonstop)
- To learn about Canadian airport security guidelines, visit Canadian Air Transport Security Authority.
Car & Motorhome Travel
Canadians definitely love the open road. Travelling by motorbike, car, or motorhome is an amazing way to see the country.
THE OPEN ROAD
- EU and British driver's licenses are valid in Canada.
- Bring proof of insurance or buy insurance when you rent a vehicle.
- For information on highway and road conditions, visit the Weather Network.
- If you're driving a borrowed car or trailer, bring a letter of permission signed by the owner.
Tour Canada from the elegance of a train coach.
- Almost all of Canada's major cities are connected by railway.
- Canada's national passenger rail service is VIA Rail.
- From gourmet service in the Rocky Mountaineer's custom-designed GoldLeaf Dome Coach to a trip back to a gentler era on the vintage cars of the Royal Canadian Pacific, romance of the rails is alive and well in Canada.
Explore Canada’s cities like a local.
BUSES, TRAINS, RAPID TRANSIT
- Most Canadian cities have public transit systems.
- Buses account for most of the fleets.
- Major Canadian cities that offer subway, metro or light rapid transit service include Vancouver (SkyTrain), Calgary (CTrain), Edmonton (LRT), Toronto (subway), Ottawa (O-Train) and Montréal (metro).
With the world’s longest coastline and a huge amount of fresh water lakes (not to mention countless riverways), boating plays a big part in Canadian life.
- Canada has hundreds of thousands of lakes.
- For information on boating safety regulations and requirements for non-resident boaters, visit the Transport Canada Visitor Information page.
Be free to explore Canada on your terms.
- For details about accessible transportation in Canada and links to resources for travellers with special needs, visit the Accessible Travel website.